Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Gift of Mine {This poem was inspired from the 2011 Fukushima accident}

The loud announcement was heard all around,

For a volunteer to enter the womb of terror.

No sound was heard in the surround,

For the fear of radiation from the reactor.

 

Should I be the one, an old man?

To sacrifice my comfort for others!

Should I do it for the love of all men?

Or at least for my child and of others!

 

Here I write it for you, my child,

To let you know that I have lived my days.

And I lived it for you, my child.

Now I am ready to die for your days.

 

I know not what awaits in there!

Yet, I go in to shut it down.

To save all hearts from death’s terror,

Which for long has held us down.

 

Soldiers lay down their lives,

For the country of theirs.

Today, I do the same,

For the humanity of ours.

 

Don’t spend your time, my child, in shedding tears,

For you got it, with the ransom of mine.

Don’t let it waste in vain with tears.

Rather make it, the best gift of mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment