Monday, June 8, 2020

The poverty line!

Even before my child saw the light,

I dreamt his future to be bright.

I worked hard day and night,

Only to see him growing right.


To make him work, I thought never.

But poverty seemed to consume us forever.

So, he went to work to make a better liver.

Thus gave up his education for ever.


He worked hard day and night.

Rarely did he meet my sight.

For he found his work to be his delight,

But I saw his future to be a dim light.


Will he escape poverty's trap? I wonder

Lose of his childhood I ponder,

Only if I had a magic power,

I would at least make his future better.


There are million children at work,

Whose future seems to be dark.

With mere education right.

Can their future be bright?


Without the stomach being fed,

Can the mind be fed?

Thus can they have a slightly better life,

At least above the poverty line!

No comments:

Post a Comment